DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start/stop buttons and other

Hello, i want to ask something.

I have screen (111). I want to do program.  there are steps how it need working :

1.First step when i run Program is to show Layout in full screen. meaurement start but not save data to a file. (no write),

2. When I push the button Start then data will by written. also that there will be message about that ( data actally started note)

3. When i push button stop then data will be stop write and program stopped. (include message about stop writte data), 

How to do that button start/Stop? I try do it but it doesn't work.

Have enyone example how it look like?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,712 Views)

Put a relay before the Write Data module. If this is my example worksheet, make it an Action controlled Relay.

Create a new Switch module to control the Relay.  Connect it to an Action module. The Action on Rising Edge is to tell the Relay to Transmit data. On Falling Edge it is to Block data and stop the measurement. (three total actions).

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,699 Views)

Ok, thanks for answer.

I put relay before write data. (screen 3).

i do new switch for it with action (1).

i do modul message and put in on action 2.

and when i press buton to write (dasylab program is running) it save and finish saving data. but i want to when i press button to write it start saving data to file and message will apear about start savin data , and when i again pres button to write it stop saving data and will show message about stop savin data to file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,693 Views)

ACtion window

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,692 Views)

On action 3, add an action to stop the Measurement, if that's what you want to do. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 5 of 9
(5,682 Views)

Actually i have this. But when i press button On then data save, and when i press button off then see to message in te same time.

This need look like that, i start program ok, it;s working. I take ex. tab GPS, program still working but nothing save to file. When i want save to file i press button On then data will be started "record to file" (ASCII) (and in the same time appear the message about "saving file start"), when i want to stop "record data to file" then i press button OFF and "data recording to file is stoped", and it it save to file (and in the same time when i press button off will saw message about "finish savind data").

It imposible to do in DasyLab?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,678 Views)

I don't think that it's impossible. 

Can you share the worksheet? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,667 Views)

Looking at the worksheet:

- use the Rising Edge action for Transmit Data, Display Start Message

- use the Falling Edge action for Block Data, Display Stop Message

You can also (!!) use the Rising and Falling Edge to tell the Recorder module to "Mark Data" with the Start and Stop messages. 

See the attached image. 

You're on the right track!

Message 8 of 9
(5,654 Views)

OK, i have this, thanks for you. Byt still when i pres button ON this finish save mi data to file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,648 Views)