From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save data in time format

Hello All. Does anyone know how to save data (seconds) in time format HH:MM:SS using the write data module? I can display the data that I want to save in a digital meter module in the format HH:MM:SS. However, when I tried to save it in a ASCII file format, the data will be saved as a number. I know that I can change these numbers to hours, minutes and seconds. But, I have several channels recording data and it will be really helpful if I can do it programatically. Thank you in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,459 Views)

It's an option in the Write Data module, ASCII, Options dialog.

2016-05-23_08-11-22.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,452 Views)

Thank you for your answer CJ. I have changed the time format as you suggested. It changes only the time stamp on the data. But it doesn't change the format of the data logged. Please see attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,450 Views)

DASYLab doesn't have a concept of time as a data format, only numbers. So time is in seconds, and it can be displayed in the Digital Meter formatted as hh:mm:ss.

But, the data is still in seconds - just a number that you are interpreting as time. 

So, to answer the question, no, there is no way to do that. The Write Data module can only write numbers, not formatted time. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,410 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer. It seems that I don't have a choice but adjusting the data to the required format later on in excel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,380 Views)