Did you mean: 

rs232 data request command

Hi!

The output set of data is  --SSSS 1111 \n\r

I'm using the following data format to get the values:

1st channel: "--"4ah

2nd channel: 1x 4ah...

The start command is: r 2 d0048  $

r makes the device restart (so that the sequential numbers start from the beggining), 2 makes the device sample the first two channels, d0048 sets the sample rate to 100Hz, $ starts the acquisition

Now I'd like to set the data request command and the resend date if timeout option to make the device resend the data in case the data is not received after some time. How can I do that? What's should the format of the data request command be?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Greets, Vida

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,390 Views)

I don't think you need a data request command. Looks like the device just starts based on the Start commands.

You can configure the Reset command with the timeout settings. You can test it without hardware to see how it works. (I have a program called Portmon that I use to watch the com ports.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx

But, I don't that you should should expect 100 Hz with the current RS232 Input module... 1 to 10 Hz is more realistic.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,388 Views)