From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time import

Hi everybody,

I'm a student using DASYLab 9 on a test bench. I get data from sensor in MATLAB and want to import this data to DASYLab to control a piezo actuator. Saving the MATLAB data as an ASCII file and importing it later in DASYLab or the other way round with a .ddf file is no problem.

But because everything should be running simultaneously I'm looking for a possibility of importing the data in real-time to DASYLab. I didn't find anything in the manuals or in this forum yet that could really help me.

Does DASYLab have the possibility of real-time data importing or should I try focusing on getting both the sensor and actuator control in one programm e.g. either DASYLab or LABView or MATLAb?

I'm thankfull for any advice!

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,978 Views)

For any type of control application, you should have the inputs and outputs in one program. It doesn't matter which program, although PC based control is typically slow ( 100 ms closed loop control is possible ). 

But, possibilities for interprocess communication -- DDE, OPC, or NI DATASOCKETS. DDE is client/server program to program, the OPC and DATASOCKETS require a server. DASYLab ships with the NI DATASOCKETS server and is a client. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,969 Views)

Thanks CJ for the quike answer!

I will focus on getting all of my inputs and outputs in one programm, probably LABView and see if the control is fast enough. Otherwise I'll need to change the daq board and use one with a microcontroller. That should be much fast than a PC based control.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,944 Views)

Hi,

we're going to get a software which enables us to run the DAP-Box with MATLAB. But meanwhile I got another bigger problem with DASYLAB...

I was away for a week and after I came back DASYLab isn't able to detect the DAP-Box anymore. The program I wrote before to test the analog connections to and from the DAP-Box doesn't give any results. I checked all the wires and connections but still I can't run any signals or measure incoming signals through the DAP-Box.

Since I checked the hardware, I believe it's a software problem. Is there the possibility to check the installed drivers? Maybe some kind of update a different user did interferes or messed up with DASYLab.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,795 Views)

There's an about in the DAP box... shows what hardware it's seeing... 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,792 Views)

Thanks for the reply and sorry for that stupid question, I propably could have found out easily on my own...

I assume that the ACCEL driver is damaged or gone. I have no idea how that could happen...

The 'about' in the DAP box shows me no hardware and no accel-version. DAP-about.jpg

I'm currently in contact with the Microstar Laboratories support to solve the problem but we're still on the way to find a solution.

Do you have an idea how I could get the communication with the DAP-card going again?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,748 Views)

Reinstall the DAP drivers from the Microstar CD? 

You have everything that DASYLab has control over... so the next is to diagnose with Microstar... that's where I would go myself, since I don't have this hardware at hand. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,746 Views)