DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The data at one input of this module is the wrong type"

The write module keeps giving me this error when trying to save the file in the ascii format. It does not occur when saving in the Dasylab format. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,809 Views)

The Write Data ASCII option requires that all incoming signals have the exact same timing characteristics - start time of the block, sample rate, and block size. Otherwise, it cannot correctly create rows of data where each row starts at the same time for all columns.

The DASYLab DDF format is more forgiving - since it is storing a binary format, and doesn't have to align the columns.

Are you averaging? Are all channels averaged using the same settings? Are you trying to store triggered/relayed data (data with gaps) at the same time as normal, full speed data?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 6
(7,802 Views)

Yes thank you, I forgot to change one of the inputs to use the Dasylab timebase. It seems to be working now.

Message 3 of 6
(7,772 Views)

Hello

I have the same problem"The data at one input of this module is the wrong type" , but I don t know how to solve it. Could you please explain step by step how to solve the issue?

I am an amateur running a USB-1208FS with Dasylab V9, reading 8 analog input (engine data), 1 counter (RPM) and 1 digital input and I want to write a ASCII file with this data to work on Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Dario

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,430 Views)

Hi Dario,

Were you able to try some of the suggestions CJ suggested above?  Also, as he mentioned, it might be easier to contact Measurement Computing as both DASYLab and the USB-1208FS are their products.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,413 Views)

I believe that you are having issues combining different input subsystems. The USB-1208FS can only collect the Analog input at the hardware clocked sample rate. The counter and digital input are usually collected more slowly using a software timebase.

You either need three files, or you should contact us at Measurement Computing. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,410 Views)