DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak hold dasylab lite

Solved!
Go to solution

I am building a system to display the peak hydraulic pressure during an impact event. I am using an Omega DFX101-5K high frequency pressure sensor, an Omega ACC-PS1 power supply, OM-USB-1608 acquisition, Windows XP, DasyLab Lite, SuperLogics small forn PC, HDMI display. The peak event lasts about 3ms and I want to hold and display the peak pressure on a digital meter display as large as possible on the monitor. I also need to compile the file and run it on a client PC running Runtime. No big deal, right?!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author d8dozer

With DASYLab Lite you don't have the Statistical Values module, but you should have the Block Average / Peak Hold module. Configure that for Maximum/Cumulative. Display in the Digital Meter configured to display Maximum.  You can make the Digital Meter display window as large as your monitor. 

With DASYLab Basic or Full, you have more options.

With DASYLab Lite you do have the Options->Key Actions that will allow you to define a key stroke that can reset the Block Average module when you click the key combination. 

You CANNOT compile DASYLab into an executable. The DASYLab Runtime license runs existing worksheets (*.DSB files). You must ensure that the DAQ configuration is identical. With one device, that should be easy. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 6
(6,134 Views)

Thanks cj. I'm a newbie with DasyLab and didn't know if Lite would do the maximum function. Is there a way to lock the parameters so that the client can't make changes......on purpose or not? Or will Runtime dictate that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,132 Views)

Run time does not allow access to the dialog boxes, nor can it save a worksheet if something, like the chart scaling, does change. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,126 Views)

One more question...........does DasyLab run reliably on Windows Embedded? We normally use a SuperLogics mini form factor PC and configure them with Windows Embedded.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,117 Views)

DASYLab is only tested on standard desktop versions of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8. 

Having said that, I know of several customers who use Windows Embedded successfully. 

It's your responsibility to thoroughly test YOUR application to ensure that it runs.

Feedback from Windows embedded customers suggest that it is more reliable than the standard desktop versions, having fewer services and tasks configured. 

For long duration testing, you need to ensure that the power management is configured to ensure that the USB does not get put to sleep. I usually suggest that you agressively disable power management for unattended systems. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,113 Views)