DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni xnet database limitation

NI Xnet limitations:

My application consisted of (4) NI-9866 modules installed in a cdaq controlling 4 automotive type devices via LIN. Each device requires send and receive commands. Therefore, I need 8 databases running to support the project. As I built the worksheet, everything was fine until I initiated the eighth database. NI-Xnet threw the error “Only up to 7 databases are allowed”. I tried a few maneuvers, but with no success. So, I ended up running 3 of the devices on 1 PC and set up a second PC for the remaining unit. In the future, I may want to run multiple devices via LIN. Will I need multiple PC’s to accomplish this, or is there a work around? Thanks

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,573 Views)

Hi d-lab,

Just to make sure I fully understand your setup here, are you implementing your LIN application in DASYLab? If not, I'd encourage you to repost your question to the Automotive and Embedded Networks forum page - that page is a little more specific to LIN.

If you're working with LabVIEW and not DASYLab, what version of LabVIEW are you working with. Also what version of DAQmx and XNET are you working with?

In any case, you should be able to create a single XNET database file with multiple LIN clusters. At what point in your development process are you running into this error? When you're creating the database, or in whatever application software you're using? If you could post a screen shot of the error, that might be helpful as well.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,544 Views)

I've been waiting to get a definitive answer -- the limit is the NI XNET limit. We were looking to see if you could use clusters in a FIBEX database, but I haven't heard back from the developer about whether this would work with DASYLab.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,534 Views)

Hello, I am running Dasylab 13 and Xnet 1.8

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,527 Views)

That appears to be a firm limitation with DASYLab.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,463 Views)