From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of inputs in "write data"

Solved!
Go to solution

Which is the maximum number of input channels in "write data"? It seems that it is only 16 inputs. I have more than 16 parameters in my application. What do you suggest? I would like to have all the data gathered in one file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christianapol

Use the Multiplex module to combine multiple channels into one. Typically, use the "by block" setting. The output will be a single wire with all of the channels multiplexed in the block. You can have a maximum of 16:1 multiplexed. Use multiple Multiplex modules. They do not have to be symmetric, but you do need to keep track of how many channels are muxed onto a single wire. 

In the Write module, click on the Options button next to the file format (ASCII or DASYLab) - at the bottom of the dialog box, you configure it to match how you multiplexed - by block or by value (by sample). Then, on the right, configure how many channels are multiplexed onto each of the input channels.

Doing it this way tells DASYLab how to de-multiplex the data in the file. You will lose channels names. YOu can configure channel names for the multiplexed channels by using global strings. At the very bottom of the dialog box you can assign a global string for each channel. Tedious... but it can be done. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,411 Views)