From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked switches on layouts

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a test, that is part of a sequence, that has three layout screens.  I want a switch on each layout that will return back to the sequence.  I can get the switch on layout 1 to work, but the others do not do anything.  Am I missing something?  I have tried linking the same switch on each layout and separate switches and the outcome is the same.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,320 Views)

Here's a small worksheet to show layout navigation.

Attached:

-ZIP file DASYLab13 worksheet (DSB, also ASC+DMX for backward compatibility)

-screenshot

EDIT: Ok, this strange forum does not like my ZIP files. So "layout_navi.zip.jpg" is a ZIP-file, just remove the jpg extension to extract the contents.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,311 Views)

hw70,

You ended up attaching the file as a .jpg. 

John237 - after you open 'layout_navi.zip.jpg ‏17 KB' in a new tab, right click on the small broken image in the top left corner, 'save as' the file, then remove the file extension '.jpg' to save the file as a .zip file.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,288 Views)

"You ended up attaching the file as a .jpg. "

On Purpose. The NI forum told me (analogous) that the content of the (ZIP) file does not match the extension ("ZIP").I've tried Windows' build-in "Send to ZIP file"-feature and the tool 7zip. Not a chance, the forum said "No, you can't".

But attaching a JPG file that is not a JPG picture... works.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,279 Views)

Haha, interesting, and good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,270 Views)

I think I did not explain correctly.  The switches are not intended to navigate the layouts, they are switches on 3 separate layouts taht all return to the same place in the sequence file.

I am not sure why the switch on layout 1 works, but not he ones on layouts 2 and 3.

I have some time today so I will continue to work on this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,216 Views)

You can post the worksheet file, if you like. Just don't zip it Smiley Indifferent

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,213 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Falizar

DOH! Smiley Tongue

I resized the layouts and did not readjust the borders (had them hidden) so the switches on layout 2 and 3 were no longer in the usable area........

It does work as expected now.

thanks to all who helped!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,211 Views)