From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to put a user text into global string

Solved!
Go to solution

I use the odbc-interface to save measurement result into an excel sheet.

Now I need the possibilty to enter an additional text into a separate  column.

This text is a free user input string.

But I did not find a way to transfer a string from the message input module to a global string.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,039 Views)

i think that you've got to put it in the string, and display that string in the Message module.

Use the Action module to prompt for the string (String enter or Enter String), and, then the Event "global string changed" can be used to display the message using that string.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,008 Views)

I fear I did not understand the solution.

The only way to input text is the "message input module".

When I enter a text, I can display this user-string in the message module,

but the event "global string changed" within  the action module does not function, because no global string is used.

That's the point. I found no solution to transfer a user-string into a global string.

Do you have a short example ?

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,003 Views)

What I am suggesting is that you switch the order... force the user to enter the string and then use that string in the message.

See if this example helps. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,000 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas Graff

That's the solution.

Thank you very much.

( An example says more than thousand words )

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,988 Views)