DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital output with clock

Hallo!

I tried to use my digital output for a serial bit transmission. First i tried to use a Impulse generator. I connected the generator to my digital output. Then I connected an oscilloscope with my digital output and the digital output is not the same as my impulse generator is generating. The high state is much more longer than configured in my impulse generator. Can anybody help me with this issue?

The next step is to use a clock and send a defined digital bit sequence over the digital output. How can i create a defined signal to use it for my digital output?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Hilby

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,081 Views)

It's probably outputting the DO on block boundaries. What's your device?

Try a 10 Hz rate with block size of 1.

See if that gives you accurate 100 ms signals.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,076 Views)

Hallo cj, and thank you for your ongoing help.

I have a NI USB-6210.

I am using a digital output task. I do not know the english translation for this option (in MAX). If I translate the German name, it is called "1 value (on demand)". Every other timing option gives me an error, I am posting the German error message:

------

Fehler in DAQ-Assistent: -200077

Mögliche Ursachen:

Gewünschter Wert wird für diese Eigenschaft
nicht unterstützt. Der Eigenschaftswert ist ggf. ungültig, da er mit einer
anderen Eigenschaft in Konflikt steht.

Eigenschaft:
SampleTimingArt
Angeforderter Wert: Sample-Takt
Mögliche
Auswahl:
Auf Anforderung

------

It says that the used option is not possible and that I have to change my option to "on demand".

I have great problems with the use of digital in- and outputs. The Dasylab help was not a big help for me.

Hilby

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,074 Views)

Hallo, sry for bringing this topic up, but I have still problems with a clocked digital output signal.

I cannot generate a digital signal with the pulse generator. The output signal has not the same signal patern as the pulse generator in dasylab. It seems that the period time varies so that the dutycicle changes.

I cannot change the options in the max as mentioned in the posts before.

Any ideas?

Thanks and have a nice day

Hilby

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,993 Views)