From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different measurement rate

I have various sensors with different measurement rate and I would like to combine them in the same dasylab layout. It is possible? For example I have a thermometer that measure and sends data every second and I have a CO2 analyzer that measure and sends data every minute.

Thank you.

Christiana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,309 Views)

Yes, You can. Display instruments such as the Chart Recorder, bar graph and digital meter all can display data with differing time stamps. 

Each data generator, whether it's an Analog Input or a RS232 input has to time stamp the data. If you need to, you can force the RS232 to pace to a different time base, and use that setting to synchronize with a faster Analog Input.  It will repeat the last data point until a new data point is received. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,294 Views)

It is possible to have them in the same "Write Data" file? I tried it, but the message "The data at one input of this module is the wrong type" appears. The only thing I did is having different files for different measurement rates.

I appreciate your help and advices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,249 Views)

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The ASCII file types all require that the data be synchronized in time - sample rate, block size and time stamps must all match for all channels. 

Each sensor will require a different file, unless you want to upsample the slow one or downsample the fast one.... 

How are you acquiring the data? From RS232? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,220 Views)