From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying dasylab worksheets

I am aware that it is not possible to make a deployable .DSB file in DASYLab.  

I am using version 9.0, My typical application has .DSB  worksheet along with  GL_STR.TXT and GL.VARS.TXT files in the DASYLAB folder.  When all the the above three files for  the application is copied from  one computer (used for development) in the lab to another  computer ( which is in the field  for real time data gathering), every thing is fine, The application works in the field.....

When some additions are done in the variables list ( vriables and string) the  corresponding >TXT files mentioned above  changes.  When these modified files (residing in the development computer ) alone are copied to the field computer, the new parameters are not updated. The application continues with the old set of variables.

Question is simple... How exactly does one  transfer or install  newer or modified versions of an application .DSB file   from one computer into another computer, ( with both computers working fine with earlier version of the application programme.  What all files have to be copied>>> This problem is because the DASYLAb is not deployable.   Does Version 10 of dasylab  give any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,636 Views)

Each varaible and string can be saved as an .ini though an action module.  This would be the best way.

We use this system to store calibration information so that everytime gain changes they can be updated without modifying or stopping DASYLab.

I would suggest to use this method and have a an action module to read and write this information.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,632 Views)

Version 10 does have this new feature

New Features in DASYLab 10

Import and Export Variables and Strings Automatically

At measurement start you can import global variables and global strings including the properties from a VAR file. When the measurement stops, you can export the global variables and strings back into a VAR file. You enable this behavior in the Global Worksheet Settings dialog box. This way you can transfer global variables and strings from one worksheet to the next. DASYLab saves these settings together with the worksheet.

But, it only imports the VAR file, not a TXT file. But, this will load the variables on startup, and allow you to keep multiple worksheets in sync.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,630 Views)