DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data trigger to solid state relay

I would like to take 2 channels from a data trigger and have them hold a solidstate relay closed until the trigger event.

Any idea's what module could I use to perform this task.?  Thanks. Kent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,562 Views)

Kent,

I need a bit more explanation. Is the data trigger the DASYLab Data Trigger module or is it a Digital Input?

...until the trigger event.... what trigger event? 

I would look at the Latch module or the FlipFlop module. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,557 Views)

Sorry ,It's a dasylab data trigger module setup to trigger within the limits I have set.

The data trigger works on my status indicators, green for good, red for bad . When the staus is

green I require a NC solidstate control relay and when it goes red I require that relay to open.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,555 Views)

I tried using a digital output but I believe because I'm using the analog input to get my required speed this is not possible. Is there a way of programming and

wiring an analog output to control this solidstate relay.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,554 Views)

Which hardware are you using?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,549 Views)

Hi Tom

USB-1208FS 

Analog subsystem

5000Hz / 100 samples/block

Works great at my speed requirement. CJ and Jeff helped me out of a bind when they suggested going to analog instead of the slower digital sub system.

But I still require a way to get a signal out to my machines solid state relay for a stop command when the data goes out of range and status goes red.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,547 Views)

To my understanding, I also have a 1208FS in my stock, you should be able to connect it with a digital output very easyly.

The manual would explain it how to do it wire it.

Obviusly, do not expect a super fast reaction but it should be good enough.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,542 Views)

I have tried to add a digital output but it seems to slow down the analog input also.

I will test further this way to see what's really going on. The digital output speed is

not as big a factor in this experiment.  Thanks Kent.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,540 Views)

That is strange, when you're done with the design, post it and maybe we can quickly test it

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,538 Views)

It doesn't appear that It will let me use a digital output with out changing my scan rate.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,536 Views)