DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dasylab serial string from a thermometer

I am trying to get the readings of a thermometer in Dasylab. The serial string looks like:

C,-9.1

where C is the unit and -9.1 is the numeric value of the temperature. 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,737 Views)

I would skip over the C, and then interpret the data. 

2x a\r

assuming that the line ends with a return. If it ends with a return linefeed, then

2x a\r\n

If that doesn't work, send a screenshot of the RS232 monitor.

If you want the C, then you can read it as a byte, or store it to a Global String. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,725 Views)

I have tried both suggestions and it didn't work. I am sending you attached screen shoots of the settings and the RS232 monitor. Thank you very much for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,709 Views)

Coul you please show as the ASCII format instead of the HEX in the moonitor?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,675 Views)

Absolutely, here it is the ASCII monitor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,665 Views)

I think the reason why is not working is that the setting on your COM port are correct.

WHat we are seeing in the screen is nothing like you described.  As you can see in the monitor, nowhere there is a "C,-9.1" that means DASYLab cannot detect it.

Please check your port setting again.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,658 Views)

I get the value "C,-9.1" when I use another software (RS232 DATALOGGER). And the port settings in Dasylab are the same as I used in the previously mentioned software.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,650 Views)

Could you show us the settings and readout of the datalogger?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,619 Views)

It really does look like the number of bits or the parity is configured incorrectly. You should clearly see the text in the RS232 monitor.

You could try varying the interface settings, and check the RS232 monitor each time. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,616 Views)

Attached is the Datalogger settings and the readings.

I have tried several combinations of the interface settings, and I couldn't get it to work. Each time that I tried a different setting the readings on the monitor changes. How can I determine what is the right interface setting?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,565 Views)