DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dasylab 8 with windows 7

Hi!

Does Dasylab v8.00.04 work with Windows 7 or do I need to update my current version?

Japis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,506 Views)

You need at least DASYLab 11 with Service Pack 2 (11.0.2), or DASYLab 12. The current release is DASYLab 12.

You will need to update your license. The area of concern is typically the data acquisition device - it must have Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) drivers. DASYLab 12 does not support the same set of hardware drivers that earlier versions did, because they do not have Windows 7 drivers. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,504 Views)

Dasylab installed on my computer. MCC's USB-1208HS data acquisition device should be compatible for win7 with appropriate drivers.

I might try it first and update Dasylab if needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,501 Views)

Windows Vista and Windows 7 increased security on the files in the Program Files folder. As a result, DASYLab 10 moved the user folder from the installed DASYLab Program Files folder to the user folders (Documents and Settings for XP, User for Vista and Windows 7). 

Installing an earlier version of DASYLab on Windows 7 will cause the user folders to be created in a virtual folder, which may be difficult to find. You can probably avoid this by changing the location of the installed DASYLab folder. Don't install into the default location.

This affects the DASYLab.ini file, with your user settings, as well as the Worksheets, Data and other user folders. 

However, the issue of the driver is real. You are going to have to install the latest version of the InstaCal software for the USB-1208HS, and the driver that shipped with DASYLab 8 may not work correctly with it. We've rewritten that driver twice now -- the Measurement Computing driver that ships with V12 has been completely updated and revised to work with Windows 7 and the current release of the InstaCal/Universal Library.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,498 Views)

Thank you CJ,

I'll inform our IT-personel with that issue and hope to get that update.

I think that's a lot easier way to go.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,489 Views)