From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting hexadecimal to decimal

I would like to use Dasylab to monitor the set value and value of a modbus PID heater controller.  I have sucessfully set up the Modbus analog input so that it returns values, but if I connect it to a digital meter it only shows the raw hex value with any letters shown as zero.  I obviouly would like to have the decimal value, is there any way to convert the hex to decimal within dasylab? If it is possible to do it with a formula?

I am using the full version of dasylab 10.00

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,631 Views)

How do you have the Modbus Analog Input configured? 

If you configure the Digital Meter to show Hex, does it read correctly? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,626 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I can screen shot the channel configuration tomorrow.  but I have gone through all of the settings within the modbus input multiple times just using trial and error with no success.

As far as the settings in the meter, it seems like it thinks that it is in decimal format already and will convert it into other formats erroneously.

Say the value is; 3A

When the the meter is set to decimal it reads: 30  (just making any letter 0)

If i change it to hex it converts 30 into hex so it would read: 1E

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,620 Views)

That's why I'm interested in the configuration... are you reading the raw data or scaling it? 

The Modbus modules were completely revised in V12... you might want to try the DASYLab 13 evaluation to see if it works better. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,618 Views)