DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chart recorder display area problem

Hi folks & friends,

my name is Atmos and i got a problem with DASYLab’s Chart Recorder. But first my configuration.

The whole system consists of two computers and eight Advantech ADAM 4015 modules, which measure a total of 39 temperatures. The first PC is responsible for data collection and the second PC is responsible for data analysis and visualization. Sorry, but i only have the German version of Dasylab, but I hope the experts among you know the user interface of the program, so the screenshots are self-explanatory.

PC 1 (Data Aquisition):

CPU: Mobile Intel Pentium M745 (1,8GHz)

RAM: 1GB DDR SDRAM

HDD: 80GB

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (32Bit)

DASYLab V.11

Worksheet:

Worksheet-1.jpg

Do not confuse, even though the PC is only responsible for data collection, there are also modules for visualization, but that's beside the point. The important thing is that the temperatures of each module are written to a file.

Timebase:

Timebase-1.jpg

Chart Recorder 1(channels):

ChartRecorder1_1.jpg

For each module there is a chart recorder with a maximum of six channels

Chart Recorder 1 (x-scale):

ChartRecorder1_2.jpg 

As you can see, the maximum display area for six channels is about 157 days.

Now we come to the problem.

PC 2 (Data Visualization):

CPU: Dual Core Intel Core i3-2100T (2,5GHz)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

SSD: 120GB

HDD: 1TB

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64Bit)

DASYLab V.11

Worksheet:

Worksheet-2.jpg 

Certain temperatures should be shown later combined. Therefore, the data is read out via the Ethernet from the first PC and written to a global variable. Then the necessary variables are passed to a chart recorder.

Read Data (main options):

Read-Data1.jpg

Read Data (ASCII options):

Read-Data2.jpg

Blocksize = 1, Samplingrate = 1 Hz

Pulse Generator 1:

Pulse1.jpg

Time Period: one second

Action 1:

Action1.jpg

The data are read out every second.

Timebase:

Timebase-2.jpg 

Chart Recorder 2 (channels):

ChartRecorder3_1.jpg 

Chart Recorder 2 (x-scale):

ChartRecorder3_2.jpg

As you can see, the maximum display area for six channels is only about 10 days. But this Chart Recorder isn’t necessary. I've just added it to better compare with the first PC. The next one is important.

Chart Recorder 3 (channels):

ChartRecorder4_1.jpg

Chart Recorder 3 (x-scale):

ChartRecorder4_2.jpg

I understand that here, the maximum display area may be smaller because there are more channels. In the help file of Dasylab it says that the maximum display range depends on the computer's memory. But even though the computer has much more memory, the maximum display area here is much smaller.

According to this link, the block size and the sampling rate are also responsible for the maximum display area:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/DASYLab/How-can-Maximum-Display-Time-in-Chart-Recorder-be-increased-to/m-p/3...

Thanks CJ for that information 😉

But as you can see, I have reduced the block size and the sampling rate to a minimum.

These values ​​are in the first PC even higher. And despite the lower working memory, there may be 157 days shown in the chart recorder. I do not understand. Can it possibly be that you have to allocate more memory to Dasylab?

I hope I could tell you the problem clearly and you can help me.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,042 Views)

How did you get them going period? Im going nuts with it, I have a 4017 and a 4018m

Thought I was getting a great deal. Like the loggers. Have them hooked up but I can not link to any program. Grant it I am a novice when it comes to these things. Im a microbiologist looking for bacteria that makes electric not a programmer.

I need the most cost effective way to record data off of these loggers. Im supposesd to begin a project on friday. Dasylab? Anything. If I can just collect the numbers in a folder I can process.

Please help. Simple directions in English. lol.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,573 Views)