DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't seem to obtain data in a specific measurment window

Looking for a way to have a dasylab look only at data within a specific 25 milesecond window .

This is a repetitive event that happens  100 times per minute but data I want is only valid within a 15 degree window (25 ms)

I have a digital input that is timed for the 15 degree window signalling a relay within dasylab ,but the data that dasylab is gathering is sometimes outside this window and therfore not accurate. Not sure if it's a program or hardware issue at present.

Using an MC USB-1208FS DAQ

Anyone have any suggestions on this ?  Thanks Kent.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,198 Views)

You want to look at a 25 millisecond window, but your timebase is 10 samples/second One sample every 100 ms.

You need to sample at a much higher rate. How many samples do you want to see in the 25 ms window? 

I believe that you are undersampling, and therefore missing your data.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,191 Views)

3 samples within the 25 ms would be great as a minmum. I need to learn more about the dasylab time bases.  Thanks Kent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,186 Views)

If I try and increase my measurement rate I get this error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,184 Views)

I recommend you not use the digital input to acquire that data.  Instead, use 3 analog inputs, set the timing for Hardware, at a much higher rate and send the data that was for the digital input now coming off the analog input to the relay's control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,173 Views)

Hi Jeff Anyway you can demenstarte what you mean. I'm finding that dasylab programming is somewhat over my head . Thanks Kent.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,152 Views)

I thought I had attached this (sorry), but here it is, the modified version of your worksheet with the changes I suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,148 Views)

What Jeff forgot to say... the digital subsystem on this device is relatively slow, and can only be clocked with the software (computer paced) timing. That's limited. The analog input subsystem has a hardware (device based) clock that allows higher sample rates.

To get around the slow DIO subsystem, connect the wire that is connected to the Digital input pin on the USB-1208FS to an analog channel pin, and acquire it as an analog signal.

Once acquired, the data is just numbers for DASYLab, and the Relay will interpret an analog value as a TTL Low or High, depending on its amplitude.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,144 Views)

Ok I'm following you so far. I get this error message when I try and run program. as I still have a digital output to deal with.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,140 Views)

Any free lancers out there that are willing to write some dasylab code to help me with this application.? Thanks Kent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,099 Views)