From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

action module

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running DASYLab v10 with Windows 7.  I set up an action block with TTL High trigger to target an e-mail block.  The intent was to use the e-mail block to send a text alarm to my mobile phone.  Upon testing it the system sent 184 text messages in about a second.  I really only needed the one text.   I had to force quit the application to make them stop.  Needless to say, I switched the action block target to a message block to save my phone bill, but the same continuous stream of notices resulted.  've done this successfully with DASYLab V10 and Win xp and it works fine.  Is this a Win 7 compatability problem, or is there something I am overlooking?  I

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,457 Views)

I would need the example to be sure but I think that it could be different problems.  Her are the two most commons one:

- Use rising edge and not TTL high in the action module so that the action will trigger only on the status change of the signal

- Modify the code with a combi trigger with two channels condition so that you need to reset the action before it happens again

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
Message 2 of 5
(6,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author djanzen

Tom is correct. The event "TTL High" will trigger constantly while the event is high.

Rising edge has an automatic hysteresis, and only triggers on the change from low to high.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 5
(6,370 Views)

Gentlemen, you are spot on!  Rising Ridge solved the problem.  Thank you so much for your help.  Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,321 Views)

Gentlemen, you are spot on!  Rising Ridge solved the problem.  Thank you so much for your help.  Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,319 Views)