DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write file prompt?

How can I get DasyLab ver 8 to prompt me for a filename every time my worksheet is run?  I can specify the filename in the write file block, but I need it to prompt me with where to save the file and what to call it as the worksheet is run.  I know this can be done in LabView, but can it be done in DasyLab as well?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,606 Views)
Configure a global string as a file name (Options - Global Variables & Strings - this is the same in most recent versions of the software, with subtle wording changes in 9.0.2)

Configure the string to prompt when DASYLab starts. You can also configure it to be the type of filename that you are using (Write / ASCII, for example).

In the Write Data module, configure it to use a string for the file name (choices are Fixed, String, or Combi).

There is a detailed description with step by step pictures in the Help / Getting Started / Quickstart section 5.3. The second example under 5.3 uses a single string.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,602 Views)