DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure of Block in DasyLab

Hi, where can i look for the structure od blocks in Dasylab? I want to see how they are writted (mean about how are working). Is any option on Dasylab to view that information? For example i want to see Structure of block RS 232 Input.  <Sorry for my english - I'm write from Poland ;])

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,414 Views)

If you have the info area turned on (VIEW menu), with the FIFO List and Graph enabled, you can click on the wire leaving the RS232 to see the characteristics of the block. You'll see block size, actual block size, sample rate, and other information that is associated with the block.

The actual block data structure is described in the Help - DASYLab File Format (DDF, DDB). The DDF file stores the block intact, so that the description of the Universal Format 1 is the actual data structure of the block.

I sense that there is a more detailed question ... what are you trying to find out? What is happening or not happening? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,397 Views)

structure programmer, something like python, c++,  delphi. How RS 232 structure is built and how it's works. it's possible in DasyLab to view?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,388 Views)

You want to know what the RS232 module is looking at? 

the output of the RS232 Input is the same as any other function -- a block of data with headers. 

The device that you are talking to is not specific to DASYLab. DASYLab is just looking at the bits and bytes coming from the COM port. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 4 of 4
(4,385 Views)