cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset or calibrate trigger signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to measure cylinder pressure vs. crank angle. The crank angle is indicated by a trigger wheel with 360 teeth or 5V pulses per revolution. Top dead center (TDC) or 0 degrees is indicated by another tooth. This tooth allows you to calibrate the signal.

I have tried to use a counter that counts the 360 pulse/rev. The problem is, I don't know how to reset this counter to 0 degrees when the TDC triggers. I have dasylab Basic. My understanding is that the action module might help me, but this requires an upgrade. Is there a way around the action module?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Robert Maier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmaier9

Hi Robert,

Even you you had the Action, it's asynchronous and not likely to reset correctly.

The top of the Counter properties dialog box has a setting to "Enable Control Input".

Control Input

This setting specifies whether the module has a control input.

• Disable— Specifies that the module has up to 16 input channels but does not have a control input.

• Enable — Activates a control input. If you select this setting, the module has 15 input channels. If TTL high is at the control input (value 5), DASYLab sets the counts of all input channels to zero. 

If you enable it, you can use the TDC trigger edge to reset the values back to zero.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,882 Views)

Great, this works! Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,876 Views)