cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing first 5 blocks in a data stream

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a problem of removing the first 5 blocks in the acquired data stream. My sampling rate is 1s, block size is 1 and input is the "read from ddf file" module.

I am using the following modules to do a 30s running average analysis.

[read file] ----------------> [formula1] -> [variable set] -> [formula2]

|                 ^

--> [time delay] -|

module                parameter

======                =========

time delay            30

formula1              ${var_1} + in(0) - in(1)

variable set          ${var_1}

formula2              in(0) / 30

This setup is used for 13 channels and one of these channels is used for triggering purposes. Due to the nature of variable set and read in the modules underlined, the triggering sequence is delayed by 2sec. Since I used the trigger to collect last running average of each channel, it is now mixed with 2sec of the next set.

My question is: Is there a way of reducing let say 5 blocks of data from the stream? Please help and have a nice day 🙂

Message Edited by MrF on 03-30-2009 02:16 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrF

Look at the SEPARATE module in the Data Reduction group.

It allows you to configure an initial skip, and then an ongoing skip. 

For this, you want skip 5 blocks once, allow one through, and then skip zero blocks ... that will skip the first five, and then release all subsequence data blocks.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 3
(7,013 Views)

Thanks a lot, CJ

I'd tried it earlier and thought that the [separate] module will repeat itself once the total number of blocks passed is fulfilled. Apparently it doesn't. Thanks again for the big help. Wish you a very good week up ahead! 😄

Message Edited by MrF on 03-30-2009 09:16 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,008 Views)