From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with "set output to "'

I'm using Dasylab 9.02 in combination with the USB 6009 of Analog Devices. When I use an analog output block and check the option "set output to ... " ( At the stop of the masurement) I get the message " The Ni-DAQmx task saved with the module is not available"  We use Labview to operate a test rig, so we need this function, otherwise the testrig keeps on running when the test is stopped !
What could be the problem ???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,964 Views)

Hi Bas,

Did you test the DAQmx outputchannel in MAX? Does it work?

For Dasylab questions, you can contact MeasX.

Regards,

Bas 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,940 Views)
 Thanks, Bas,
Yesterday I finally got a solution fot my problem, after almost a year of communication with Dasylab.
As it turns out right now, fot each output channel a separate task has to be defined.  (I used tto have 2 output channels in 1 task)T his is nowhere mentioned in the books or help file !!!

Anyway, finally the problem was soved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,938 Views)

Hello,

sorry but DASYLab 9.x NI-DAQmx Online help clearly say:

"... Set Output to ... at Stop of Experiment

When the measurement stops, you can set the outputs of the module to a specified value. Enter a value or the name of a global variable.

Click Task for job to select a NI-DAQmx task of the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) that DASYLab uses for the output.

Note  DASYLab only supports the NI-DAQmx tasks that use the signal generation mode 1 Sample and the corresponding physical channel.

..."

Best regards,
MHa

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,916 Views)
That seems not very clear to me !

There is written "outputs" , and the Note is not very clear either. :

When the measurement stops, you can set the outputs of the module to a specified value. Enter a value or the name of a global variable.

Click Task for job to select a NI-DAQmx task of the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) that DASYLab uses for the output.

Note  DASYLab only supports the NI-DAQmx tasks that use the signal generation mode 1 Sample and the corresponding physical channel.

More clear would be:

Attention: an output task can have only one output !
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,899 Views)
Hello,

thanks for the hints to improve the manual description. We would like implement this for next release from driver.

Best regards,
MHa
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,892 Views)