DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with voice recognition program

Hi,

I've found in "An Interactive Multimedia Introduction to Signal Processing" book (written by U. Karrenberg) an interesting DasyLab program. It can be used to compare previously prepared (recorded and processed in separate DasyLab program) voice samples (each one contains one recorded word) with the same words spoken to the microphone. Correlation factors for these spoken words are then shown on screen so that you can compare them with samples. But the problem is that I have only demo version of DasyLab available. And it is not possible to save files in that version so I can't prepare samples.

Is it possible to bypass that limitation and make such a program in demo version ? For example by recording samples directly in that main, comparison program or somehow ?

Sample preparation program:

sample preparation.png

Voice recognition program:

voice recognition.png

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,764 Views)

The current evaluation version does allow you to save data files. What demo version are you using?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,720 Views)

I use DASYLab 7 DEMO and unfortunately I can't use different one because we have the same version on our university computers and I will have to recreate my program there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,714 Views)

It's almost impossible to provide support for DASYLab V7 Demo. It was designed to be a demo, not an evaluation. That makes it very limited, and you cannot do what you would like to do without a licensed version of V7.

I'm sorry that we cannot be of more assistance - it's simply too old and will not run on Windows 7 or later. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,691 Views)
What about V9 Trial version ? Is it possible to save files there ?

P.S. DASYLab 7 Demo works fine on my Windows 8.1
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,663 Views)

We did make changes for Windows 8 and 8.1 - notably the location of the user files. Windows Vista and later require that user files be located in a folder other than the "program files" folders. You can get around this by installing DASYLab 7 into a folder, such as C:\Apps\DASYLab 7.  There were other functional changes, such as the allowed length of file names. 

Once you have a release with a timer (the evaluation version), you can run for 2 hours, including saving data files. The version expires after 28 days, and cannot be renewed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,658 Views)
Where can I get that 28-day evaluation version ? Is it free ? Cause I don't know which one it is on official DasyLab website. And for every version to download from there it is required to type in company name. But I'm just a student.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,549 Views)

As just a student, you can put "Private" in the company name. 

The official downloads are at www.mccdaq.com (Measurement computing) and www.measx.com (MeasX GmbH & Co). 

I see plenty of students downloading the evaluation. You can review our terms and conditions for privacy information. 

2016-01-15_10-50-06.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,545 Views)

Thank you very much for help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,537 Views)