DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PICe-6259 with DasyLAB 9 - How to do Analog Output

Hi CJ...

I have to head out of town for the remainder of the week.  I'll give you a call next Tuesday and we can troubleshoot then.

Thanks,

Ryan.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,829 Views)

Hi CJ...

I just left you a message at the number you provided.  

I ran the program you sent us and there are two main error messages that show up.  Sometimes these show up after changing the output voltages on the slider module, sometimes only after moving the mouse on the screen.  The messages don't seem to show up at the same time after each re-start, nor do they seem to be caused by a certain number of voltage changes at the slider controls.  Anyways, one error explains that the program was stopped to "prevent the regeneration of old samples", and the other explains that there was "no more space in the buffer when the data were written.  The oldest unread data in the buffer was lost".

Is there a good time to reach you tomorrow to dicuss these problems (and probably more of my experimental setup) over the phone?

Ryan 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,789 Views)

Hi CJ,

I currently have same problem. I have a NI USB-6003 device. When I use NI MAX to test analog output, it works well. But when I test my analog outout in dasylab using slider, it does not work. And I don't have DAQmx analog output time base, I don't know why. When I use dasylab time base, my slider can run, but when I change the voltage the analog output voltage on my NI DAQ borad does not have that voltage. I accidently find this problem is very similar to mine. So I'm wondring did you solve this problem finally? Big thanks to you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(3,415 Views)

You don't mention your version of DASYLab here.

If it does not work after checking that the DASYLab time base and the task timing match, I would suggest downloading DASYLab 13, and trying it. 

We have updated the NI-DAQmx driver in each release, to keep up with new products and other changes in the NI-DAQmx itself. It's possible that a change was made that would affect AO.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(3,411 Views)

Can you please post screenshots of the DaqmX setting for the outputs?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(3,406 Views)

Hi Tom,

My device (USB-6003) has two analog outputs. Both set up -10Vmin and 10V max.

I want to use "slider" in dasylab to test my analog output - apply voltage at slider and measure analog output voltage. But it does not work. I also have problem with synchronizition, because there's no DAQmx output task time base found in "slider". So I try to use "DasyLab" as my timebase. It can run but still no voltage detected corretly at analog outputs.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(3,403 Views)

Hi Tom,

My device (USB-6003) has two analog outputs. Both set up -10Vmin and 10V max.

I want to use "slider" in dasylab to test my analog output - apply voltage at slider and measure analog output voltage. But it does not work. I also have problem with synchronizition, because there's no DAQmx output task time base found in "slider". So I try to use "DasyLab" as my timebase. It can run but still no voltage detected corretly at analog outputs.

Thank you in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(3,402 Views)

SO, I checked on one of my installations and we are using a DAQ-9171 but I am sure that it is working with other products as well

My customer has DASYLab 13 and MAX is the 5.3.

Make sure to have the sample to write the on a multiple of 8, in your example is should be 128

in the Advance timing set it up with INternal Clock and "do not allow regeneration" no triggering type

In DASYLab go to Mesurament-Hardware setup and select NI-DAQmx synchronization and choose to reset the DASYLab settings

Then go to measurement setup and choose NI.  One of the TABS should be the output one.  Make sure that there is the same sample rate.

Now regarding synchronization. make sure that the DASYLab setting is the same as the one in MAX and you should be fine.

If you still have problems, I would recommend you contact your local distributor or a Solution provider and they should be able to support you.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(3,391 Views)

Output tasks do not provide a timebase in DASYLab, so this is okay if the slider does not show a "AO task timebase".

Input tasks offer a timebase, so other data source modules can sync their data generation "speed" with the tasks' one.

Using the "DASYLab" or the "Driver" timebase to feed the DAQmx AO module's AO task, is okay for experiments that will run for some hours or some days. But the hardware's clock and the compter's clock that tells the data source module to produces new data will drift apart over time.

It might be helpful to create a simple AI task to get a timebase that is controlled by the hardware - even if you do not need the collected data.

Read the data from e.g. AI0 with a DAQmx AI module, do not connect its output. The slider, that feed the DAQmx AO module, is now able to generate data with the speed of the AI task. Set the sample rate and blocksize of tasks AI and AO to identical values, and both tasks will be clocked by the hardware.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(3,380 Views)