From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 4351 problem

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

when i try to use a pci 4351 for thermocouple, with dasylab, and nidaq driver, i have 3 problems:

-the first, when i used the scaling module to use with termocouple, i have the CJC compensation disable, is it possible to resolve that?

-the second, it's when i record with this card, for à long time, i have an offset(+2 hours for 2 days) in the time recorder.Is it possible to fix that?

-the third, i ask to NI, if it's possible to used this card with Nidaqmx driver or to devellop à daqmx driver for this card will be very usefull.

Thank you for your answers

Message Edité par musty le 02-15-2009 08:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,527 Views)

To use the thermocouple, you must use a Virtual Channel when using Traditional NI-DAQ. Then, NI-DAQ will do all the work, and DASYLab will just read the final scaled temperature value.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 7
(8,519 Views)

thank you for your answers, but where i can found the virtual channel, Is it in MAX or Dasylab ?

musty

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author musty

Musty,

It's in Max, in the Data Neighborhood. Click on "Create New" and select the Traditional NI-DAQ Virtual Channel. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,503 Views)

hello,

I have try this solution and  it's ok for integer CJC,Auto-zero in virtual chanel.

But for the second problem it's the same thing, the time got an offset for a long period of acquisition,did you have a solution?

Thank you for your reply,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,490 Views)

I'm not sure what the problem is.

It may be related to your time base settings, or to your version of the software. You should contact your DASYLab reseller for some direct assistance. You will need to provide information from the Help->Report, your worksheet, as well as your NI-DAQ settings. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,485 Views)

It's a well know and discussed problem on the French Dasylab Forum.

You can find the explanation, the discussion and the solution, with example, at the following link :

http://forum.aceboard.net/128657-431-6544-0-Synchronisation-temps-pour-acquisitions-longue-duree.htm

I hope you read french !!!

If it's not clear contact is Frédéric Miqueau : mdelectronic@mdelectronic.fr

Good job with Dasylab !!!

Frédéric Miqueau
MD Electronic, France
http://www.mdelectronic.fr
French Dasylab Forum : http://www.dasylab-forum.de/forum/index.php?showforum=43
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,393 Views)