DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC-logger 2100 from Intab to dasylab 9.0?

Hi

Sweden calling

When i use Hyperterminal i can talk with the logger, but when i use Dasylab with same presets (9600,8,1,no ) it does shows up in the RS232 monitor in the rs232 modul.

I can send from a Hyperterminal from one computer to next computer with dasylab . Values shows up in the monitor.

I can make 2 dasylabs computers talk to eachother.

BUT if i put the PC-logger 2100 from INTAB AB into the rs232 port on the computer, it doesn´t work. IF i send from dasylab, loggern wake up but nothing more happening. Even "ERR" comes over.

I haved tried all kind of handshakes Xon/Xoff is the best. Hyperterminal work there.

Someone with some clue?.

/Goran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,616 Views)

Goran,

Usually, I suggest that you try each handshake setting in turn, especially the "without" setting. Those hold the transmit/receive pins high or low, as some devices need.

Otherwise, you may need more hands on support. We suggest that you contact your local reseller in Sweden... they will have access to advanced support.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,614 Views)

Thanks for fast advice Mr CJ Butler

I haved tried without more than once. I shall try again .BUT why does it work with hyperterminal and not dasylab? they send the same text to loggern?. Does hyperlink send something else that i dont see?

GP

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,609 Views)

Hyperterminal does something different to the electrical signal on the transmit/receive pins... there are a variety of devices that work with HyperTerminal, but not with the DASYLab default settings.

that's why we added the "without" Settings, for devices that need one or both of the pins held high or low.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,607 Views)

Hi again

I have talking to a "dasylab guy", it sounds like it was not easy to get connections because there is lots of different way to do it.

I have a other way to make it work. Can i use Hyperterminal as a "subrutine". Can i call the hyperterminal from the dasylab? i ust need

"init the pc-logger" 

"start collect readings from channel1."

"start motor output"

"stop motor output"

"reverse motor output"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,585 Views)