DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB-6259 and DasyLab 12

N samples, will stop after the number of samples you generated.

Continiuos seem the best bet for me.  Just make sure to have the same samples and points in DASYLab

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,893 Views)

Hi,

If I use continuous, and I have 1000 points in the DasyLab file I want to read and the time parameter is at 0.1 sec, what are the samples to read and rate in creating the task in NI MAx?

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,891 Views)

Hello all,

Thanks for all your help. I could create the voltage signal reading from a file. The thing is what I did was a sine wave with 1000 points and a time step of 0.1 sec and it worked. I use samples to write of 100 and a sampling rate of 100 Hz. When I changed to a triangular signal of 20 points and time step of 1 sec or more it didnt work. My guess is that I have the block size and sampling rate wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,873 Views)

Some devices have a minumum sample rate. I don't know about this one, but if it worked at faster rates, you may need to upsample your triangular wave.

You can read it, and then use a Signal Adapt module to increase its sample rate. Create a generator module using a higher timebase (for example, 1000 hz), and connect the Generator to the first input of the Adapt. Connect the Read to the second input. Change the Adapt to "full interpolation" and then use the channel 1 (2nd channel) output to connect to the AO. Make sure that the NI MAX task is set to the same timing as the Generator, since that's what the module will receive. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,869 Views)

I agree with CJ.

My opinion, for the output channels, I will go with at least 1000Hz and 512 points, you always have a multiple of 8, regardless of the frequency you need to run.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,863 Views)