DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6356 input - output to pc speaker

Hi,

I am sampling 524288 Hz (32768 block size) on a NI 6356 and would like to play the audible fraction of the data through the soundcard.

I think that i need to reduce the frequency to 40 kHz to avoid invalid block size messages. 

Can anyone offer and ideas?

I am using Dasylab 12 Full.

Many thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,357 Views)

If you are outputting via the Sound Card driver, then 44 KHz is the maximum.

I would try downsizing using the Separate module, with a target block size of 4400 and sample rate of 44K.

If that doesn't work, move to 11.025 KHz and a block size of 1100.

the help says

Sound Card: Analog Input

Each sound card supports only specific frequencies. If a frequency not supported by the sound card arrives at the input, the sound card driver rounds the frequency up or down to the next frequency. Most sound cards support the following frequencies:

48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 8 kHz

The DASYLab sound card driver supports further frequencies up to 1 Hertz through division of the 8 kHz frequency:

4 kHz, 2 kHz, 1kHz, 500 Hz, 250 Hz, 200 Hz, 100 Hz, 50 Hz, 25 Hz, 20 Hz, 10 Hz, 5 Hz, 2 Hz, and 1 Hz.

Note  Usually the sound cards have a highpass filter at the input. Therefore slow processes cannot be measured. Depending on the installed sound card, the limit frequency is at approximately 30 Hz. Therefore DC voltage measurements are not possible.

Level

The maximum inputs levels are scaled 10, 5, 2, and 1 volt.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,355 Views)