DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCC USB-7202 Digital Input Scan Rate Error / Limitation

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone heard of or know why there is a 100hz limitation on the Digital Input module on this board?  I would like to be able to look at a digital signal a 1 Khz as a trigger for a system.  Thanks in advance!

Scan Rate Error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Falizar

I'm checking with the experts, but the message indicates that this device uses DIO that is software paced, not hardware paced.

It doesn't look like this device has a hardware clock or buffers for high speed digital I/O. 

As a result, the best throughput that you'll see with DASYLab is 100 Hz, using PC-based clocking. 

One option is to simply read the digital signal with an analog input. You may need to use scaling or a trigger module to force the actual voltage values to 0V and 5V, to match the TTL Low and TTL High specifications. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 3
(6,107 Views)

Thanks CJ!

I got an answer from MCC and it is limited to a max of 250 samples/sec on their end.  I was hoping not to have to use an Analog channel but "que sera sera"

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,086 Views)