DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Omega DAQ-56 Drivers

Hello,

I have acquired an Omega OMB-DAQ-56 Data Acquisition system along with a computer that has DASYlab already installed on it.  I do not have any installation disks for either DASYlab or the Omega hardware.  I believe that originally, this computer was used with an MCC-DAQ board.  I am an engineering student, and all the other MCC (measurement computing) boards are taken for other use.  The configuration program I have is very similar to"InstaCal", which is what we used with the MCC boards...

Essentially, all the MCC boards are being used for a class, and I have a seperate computer with the omega DAQ that I'd like to be able to use for my project.

I have installed the "personal DAQ" files from Omega, and the device is functioning properly.  It is reading the thermocouple temperature properly.  However, I would like to be able to use DASYlab for its signal conditioning and data logging.  I am only taking analog data, that is, I am only using thermocouples and pressure transducers. I read somewhere that DASYlab and this particular hardware do not get along too well when using digital inputs.

I found this file from Omega.  http://www.omega.com/manuals/manualpdf/M4280.pdf , and it says that I need the DASYlab installation CD to install the DAQ files with it..  I do not have that.  Is there any way I can get around that?

Thank you in advance!

- Wes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,928 Views)

This is probably the driver. You don't mention the DASYLab version.

ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/OMB-DAQ5455&56/dasylab.zip

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,922 Views)

Sorry, I am using Dasylab v.9.  Thanks CJ, ill give that a try today.

- Wes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,920 Views)

Hi

I am using Omega DAQ OMB 54. I could not detect my device in NI MAX software.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,720 Views)

What version of DASYLab do you have? 

DASYLab 2016 does not include the drivers for the OMB-DAQ-54. 

You would need to use DASYLab 13 and download the correct driver from the Omega site. Contact Omega for details. 

This is not a NI device, so there is no reason that you would find it in NI MAX.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 5 of 5
(5,714 Views)