DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize interface settings RS485

Hi people!

Hope you guys doing greaat!! 🙂

Well I am very new to this platform called DASYLab.. But what I am doing, is also not  so complicated! I will try to explain my situation and problem below:

So I have two ADLink NuDAM modules -

ND-6530 (USB to RS232/RS485 Converter)

and ND-6024 (Analog Output module)

I have done the hardware connections.Simply, the USB connection from PC to ND - 6530 and then further Data (+) and Data(-) from ND-6530 to Data (+) and Data(-) of ND-6024. Further I just use two of the Analog output channels on the ND - 6024 (and ofcourse give it 11V power supply).

So this my small RS485 bus.

I have DASYLab 10 in my PC. There is no module named as ND - 6530 in DASYLab. But I downloaded the driver for this converter module and I thought it would work.

When I start with a new worksheet in DASYLab,
place my ND-6024 ananlog output module on the worksheet
Go on to modify the module properties, and modify 'INTERFACE'

it gives me an error:

' No serial interfaces defined, please add serial interfaces in menu'!! 

I have tried and studied everything.. But how to initialize or start with this communication over RS485 in DASYLab, how to add this serial interface??? I am really stuck.. Please help me get started with this bus communication....

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers

Pramit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,505 Views)

Hi Pramit,

To work with that module, you have to go to the hardware settings (Measurement or Experiment Menu) and configure a serial port. 

The RS485-232 converter either creates a com port, or is connected to a com port. In the hardware settings, simply configure the port or ports that you want to use. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,500 Views)