From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Layout Size to fill Window

I can't seem to get my layout to fill my window size/screen, is there a max limit on the size of layouts?  If so is there a workaround?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,517 Views)

What version of DASYLab are you using? 

Do you have two or more monitors with different sizes? 

DASYLab 2016 should work correctly, but DASYLab 13 may have computed the size of the monitor incorrectly because the two monitors are not the same size. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,513 Views)

I am doing my development on a PC with DasyLab Basic Ver. 14, it does have two monitors and they are not the same size.  The application is running on a second PC with DasyLab Runtime Ver. 14 and it’s monitor is a different size also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,497 Views)

You can use the ACTION module which you'll connect to a SWITCH module.

The configuration of the module ACTION will be like that :

Capture1.PNG

A.M

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,477 Views)

In the DASYLab 2016 Read me, it says this about monitors - we know that there continue to be issues with monitors that are not the same screen resolution.

When using multiple screens with DASYLab, we recommend a simple monitor configuration with:

• Same screen resolution for all screens
  • Same DPI (zoom factor) for all screens (not necessary 100%)
  • Leftmost screen is main screen.

Other configurations do work much better than in DASYLab 13, but might result in unexpected behavior — especially different zoom factors for different screens (new notebooks with high resolution very often have zoom factors other than 100%). These effects relate to the support of Windows 7 in most cases.

Note  Please keep in mind that changing the zoom factor of a screen needs a shut down of DASYLab, log off / log on to Windows and restart DASYLab again to take effect in DASYLab.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,472 Views)

Can you provide a screenshot, please?

1. Is the layout not "full screen" -- can you see (e.g.) the menubar of DASYLab?
  2. The layout does not span both monitor displays -- it is fullscreen only on one display?
  3. ???

DASYLab supports rectangular layouts only, so if you have displays with different resolutions, the layout will not "perfectly" fill both screens.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
Message 6 of 6
(4,456 Views)