DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICom output module

Hello,

Using the TCP IP ICom output module, I am trying to send the string '2DSO=0\r', without the single quotes, to power a small relay that powers a lamp, but the relay does not power on. I can manually 'Send' the command from the module 'Send' button and it will activate the relay. I have a value of 0 in the input when the switch is off and a value on 5 when the switch should be on.

Thank you,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,501 Views)

You may need to check the TCP/IP communications using WireShark or other TCP/IP snooping software, just to see what is actually being sent. 

Does the device respond? Do you also have an ICOMS Input module? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,497 Views)

Note that you can do interactive testing using the ICOM monitor in the ICOM input module.

It has the same issue as the Output, in that the static Send does not necessarily recreate the runtime environment, but, it will let you see if the device responds.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,495 Views)