DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICom maximum buffer

Hello,

I am using the TCP/IP ICom module to transfer a command string to a Datataker DT80. Everything is fine except that the command buffer size seems to be limited to about 200 ASCII caracters. Is there a way to increase this buffer?

Thank you,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,870 Views)

I don't have anything here to test with... have you tried using a global string? 

Usually DASYLab string limits are 256, not 80. 

Are you using a monitoring program, such as Wireshark to view what's happening? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,866 Views)

CJ,

When I go in the 'EntreesDT80' ICom module of my program and then choose the 'Options' button, in the 'Start Command' field I cannot add more commands? There seems to be a limit to the amount of commands I can enter in the field. I need to copy-paste the content in the 'Reset command' field in the 'Start Command' field, but Dasylab won't let me.

Thank you,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,830 Views)

I don't know if this is the problem:

Options <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/50/Expand.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

A communication string can be several lines long and can have a maximum of 300 characters. Line breaks and spaces make the string clearer but do not influence the sending process.

Please note that a new line in the dialog box does not send a new line to the device... you need to use \r or\r\n to send an end of line. 

The reset command is already 214 characters. 

Can you define the program in the DT80 and then just execute the program?  It's been so long since I've seen one, that I don't recall. 

I'll do a bit a research... but note that it may not be until Wednesday or Thursday.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,827 Views)

Thank you CJ,

I managed to resolve my issue by uploading my Datataker program directly into it instead of sending the program from Dasylab. It is also more efficient because all I need to send is a Halt or Go command from Dasylab.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,803 Views)