From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to use DasyLab for a research project with Siemens PLC

I would like to use DasyLab with Siemens PLC Simatic S7-300. Which OPC Server shall I use?

I would like a manual for connecting DasyLab via OPC server to the PLC if it is possible.

Could I use NI OPC Servers which are compatible with LabView?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,758 Views)

I believe that Siemens has an OPC server that you can purchase.

KepWare has the KepServer and drivers for Siemens www.kepware.com.

DASYLab has the Help menu with the instructions for the OPC DA modules. It's straightforward - configure the OPC server with the necessary drivers and connections (tags). Update rates are in milliseconds, for example, 100 ms is typical. You need to know your device and driver, to determine data types.

Once configured, KepServer has an OPC quick client to allow you to test your settings. 

Then, add the OPC DA module to DASYLab, connect to the server, and select the tags to read or write. 

Note that it's simple to set up on a single computer - to set up on multiple computers requires assistance from your It team to correctly configure the DCOM permissions. That's specific to the OPC server.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,750 Views)

Yes, you can use NI LabVIEW OPC Servers... DASYLab will give you a list of available servers when you configure the connection.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,749 Views)

thank you very match for your help

It was valuable 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,745 Views)