DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can get data from an hygrometer using the RS232 port with the following format T75.2F:H17.0% using a RS232 data logger . I was wondering if I can collect this data for further analysis using Dasylab. Any help is very much appreciated.

Solved!
Go to solution

I can collect data from an hygrometer as a text file using the RS232 port with the following format  T75.2F:H17.0%, these data is collected using a data logger software. I was wondering if I can collect this data for further analysis using Dasylab. Any help is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,254 Views)

If the received string is T75.2F:H17.0%

then use two channels to decode

Channel 0 format string is 

1x a \x3a

Channel 1 format string is

1x a \r

\x3a is the hex notation for the colon character, :

\r is the notation for the end of line <CR> or Return. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,246 Views)

Hi CJ,

Thank you very much for your help. I have inserted an RS232 input module into my worksheet and I have used two channels to decode the strings as you suggested. Now, I need to display and save the data. I tried to use a digital meter module to display the data and a write data module to save the data but I couldn't make it  to work. I was wondering if you could please give me any suggestions how to configure the digital meter and the write data module? Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,223 Views)

Please post a copy of the worksheet.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,211 Views)

Everything looks fine.

Does the device require a data request command? 

If not, then the next thing to try is the interface handshake settings... I usually suggest that you try each one, starting at the bottom. 

Some devices want a pin held high or low. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,189 Views)

Hi CJ,

I have selected the handshake of the device as RTS/CTS and I can see in the digital display the readings of the hygrometer. However, the "write data" module doesn't log the data. In the "write module" if I select the file format as "Dasylab" the module run but It doesn't log the data. On the other hand if I select the file format as "ASCII" the  write data module pup up the following message " THE DATA AT ONE OUTPUT OF THIS MODULE IS THE WRONG TYPE" and it stop the program. What I need to change to log the data?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,155 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author julian70

The marked setting below is causing the error. Change it to the second selection, Output measurement values of all channels.

2015-03-23_PrintScreen-0000.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,142 Views)

Thank you very much for your help. Finally, with your help I make the program to work. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,124 Views)