DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using DASYLab 8.0 full version,How to add the PID module in the front panel design(layout window)? so that i can vary the p,i,d values in the layout window

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using DASYLab  8.0 full version,How to add the PID module in the front panel design(layout window)? so that i can vary the p,i,d values in the layout window

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevinKM

To do that you will need to replace the PID values with varibles and then use the sliders to add numbers to a latch the point to that variables.

That is the way I think it works in Version 8.

In any case you should upgrade to 12 been more stable.

Also, unless is a very slow process, I usually to not like to close a PID loop with DASYLab due to the fact that computers cannot be trusted with timing.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,083 Views)

Here's a picture to show you.

Printscreen0007.jpg

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,080 Views)

Thanks for the info,

what are the properties settings that i need to do for the module Global Variable set. and i am not able to replace the pid values with global variables for the PID Module, i mean to say the settings are not getting changed.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

Kamasani

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,072 Views)

Make sure, that you write the sliders' values into the correct variables. Use the same variables in the PID-module for the P, I, D fields.

(Slider module --> wirte global variable-module)

slider, chan0 --> write into ${VAR_1}

slider, chan1 --> write into ${VAR_2}

slider, chan2 --> write into ${VAR_2}

Use ${VAR_1} as the content of the P-value-field.

Use ${VAR_2} as the content of the I-value-field.

Use ${VAR_3} as the content of the D-value-field.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,064 Views)

Thanks for the info, now its working fine.

Regards,

Kamasani

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,061 Views)