DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to get a password to secure the worksheet

Solved!
Go to solution

I need the worksheet to be protected from any changes. After defining a password I can still go back and edit the worksheet.

Obviously I have to be missing something easy here. I've even closed the program and reopened but still have access with no password query.

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,905 Views)

Hello hoosierken, 

Which version of DASYLab are you using?  When you initially set the password, you are still authorized to make changes.  It's only after you close the file and open it again that you will be prompted for a password.  Once you are authenticated, you can edit the worksheet normally.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,881 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hoosierken

Thanks for helping.

I'm using Dasylab 12 Pro version. I cannot seem to get the protection I want with the password. I can get it to prevent someone from saving changes but not making changes during a test. I'm needing to be able to stop someone from doing any editing during a test. Is there a better way to make this happen? Would the runtime program make this easier?

We will be having people with limited computer ability but curious fingers running the main programs. I need to be able to make the main programs isolated and impossible to edit.

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,870 Views)

What changes in detail are you talking about?

Changing a sliders position, changing variable/string value, or deleting modules from the worksheet?

The password protection should hide the "worksheet mode" from the user.

It does not lock the controls, use the "Screen Locking" feature instead.

If you do not want one to alter something, present a layout to the user without sliders, button, etc., activate Screen locking, and remove the keyboard from the computer... 😉

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,860 Views)