DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Chart Recorder with data acquired faster than 100Hz

I need to display data with a little history.  I'd use the chart recorder except it says it is for data acquired at 100Hz or slower.  I'm taking data at 1KHz. 
Can I use the chart recorder any way or is there a way to keep the last 10 seconds worth of data on a regular Y/t graph?

I'm thinking of something like a shift register that would keep the last 20 blocks of data available.  Then append the 20 blocks back together into one long block and write that to the Y/t graph.

Is that possible?

How?

Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,214 Views)
Dave,

The Chart Recorder can handle 1 kHz, as long as the block size is at least 100.

The Y/t Chart has a Chart Recorder Mode, too, where you can specify longer periods of time and it will display one block at a time.

-cj
Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,213 Views)

Thanks, I played around with the graphs.  I misunderstood the help file comment on the chart recorder.  I took it to mean 100Hz was the max sample rate.
The chart recorder works well.  Although I can't get it to display the function bar and menu in the layout like it does in the worksheet.  Is there a trick to getting those to display?

In regard to the Y/t chart, I think you meant to say that it updates one block at a time, not that it displays one block at a time.
It is not obvious or intuitive, in my opinion, how to make this graph display longer blocks.  The functionality is in the X scaling and is referred to as width.  Where the chart refers to it as display time.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,208 Views)
Hi Dave,

If you right-click in the plot area, you'll get a pop-up menu that will allow you to display the menu and function bar.

Message Edited by Joe_F on 02-18-2008 09:02 AM
Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,196 Views)

Thanks Joe,

I have tried that but the display doesn't change when I select the menu to display.  Almost like it's displaying off screen or in an area where it is covered up.

Any other suggestions?

Dave

Original Message.......

Hi Dave,

If you right-click in the plot area, you'll get a pop-up menu that will allow you to display the menu and function bar.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,192 Views)
Hi Dave,

It's possible that a worksheet or global setting was inadvertently toggled. You may want to create a new worksheet to see if the problem is resolved.

If it doesn't work, then I recommend asking along more official channels: How to receive support for the DASYLab product
Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,172 Views)
Dave,

You cannot permanently display the Chart Recorder display windows in the Layout view. You can access them by right clicking, as Joe mentions.
Also, you cannot view or use the scroll bar.

To zoom and unzoom, use CTRL-Click and drag to zoom, and CTRL-Right Click to unzoom (two steps).

The same applies to all display windows in the Layout view.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,162 Views)