DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read MCC usb2416 with DASYlab v9

Solved!
Go to solution

I just bought the 24 bit USB-2416 from Mastec in New Zealand.  They said it was "fully supported" by dasylab.  But I can get past go. 

I have successfully used dasylab to log via various Fieldpoint modules.  Now I need to use this USB-2416 but I cant get started on the right path.  Please just tell me what i need to do to see it, which dasylab module should i use?  Many thanks in advance

I installed the instacal and tracedaq software that came with it and that does work well with this unit although i can only see 8 of the 16 floating channels.  so the hardware is ok.  I'd better get this going because my boss is already asking for results. 

Using a Dell latitude 610 XP prof...Dasylab v. 9

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(11,109 Views)

Correction, that is version 11 downloaded as a time limited demo...24 days left.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(11,100 Views)

Version 11 with the new MCC driver works beautifully.

Configure your channels using instaCal, close instacal, and start DASYLab. You should see MCC-DRV in the Input/Output group. Use the MCC-DRV Analog Input. You can configure the hardware and measurement settings directly from the Analog Input properties dialog.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 9
(11,085 Views)

Thanks, but that is exactly what I have done.  InstaCal finds the module.  It "sees" all the channels.  I haven't changed any of the settings because they are already as I want them. 

Then I exit InstaCal and open Dasylab.  MCC-DRV does not appear in the i/o list. 

something else, It's default driver is Sound Card.  When I droped down Experiment/Select Driver, the only options are Sound Card and DEMO.  That seems to me like all of the hardware-specific drivers have not been loaded?

Thanks again, I feel that you are my only "knowledgeable" contact.  mastec is ZERO help, nice guys but no experience with product.  Also, could you recommend a good DASYlab text?  I've searched Amazon but not soap

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(11,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Procyan

It sounds like you need to re install DASYLab and making sure you select the MCC drivers.

After that, you should see MCC in the list.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
Message 5 of 9
(11,060 Views)

Yes Tom, that worked.  Thanks.  Cripes.  I know this will sound thin, but I did try that before posting and the Advantech folder showed up but not the MCC.  Any way, now it works and that is me sorted.  Now If my boss doesn't see this i can claim to have "fixed" the problem right?

Also, the Mastec people did try to get me in touch with someone at MCC but you were a bit faster ... as in FTL

I am looking for a basic and comprehensive textbook for Dasylab.  There are heaps of them for Labview.  I guess Dasylab is so easy none are needed unless you have a degree, right?

Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(11,057 Views)

Well,

We have a litle training manual that we could send it to you as a PDF.

e-mail me your contact at tom.rizzo@insyscorp.com and I can see if I can e-mail it to you.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(11,045 Views)

I'm having problems also getting past GO with 2414-4AO.  I've used much simpler USB data logger but new to Dasylab and 2416.  Instacal does check LED correctly so connected properly, but unsure on everything else to get going

please send any PDF manuals on interfacing Dasylab with omega DAQ 2416 4AO USB data logger

trying to log a couple of 0-5 or 0-10 VDC absolute and pressure transducers monitoring a filter downstream of a const displacement pump, and a meter with 0-5 vdc pulse output.  need help just getting started

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,127 Views)

DASYLab 9 does not support the 24-bit USB-2416 devices. You need to update your software to DASYLab 13. 

Please review the information at this link

http://www.mccdaq.com/DASYLab-Resources.aspx

This is the quick start that came with the software:

Quick Start Guide 

This is the MCC guide for DASYLab

Using MCC USB DAQ Hardware with DASYLab

The USB-2416 series is a bit different than other MCC DAQ devices -- you configure it in instaCal for voltage or temperature. You also configure the data rate, which in turn determines the maximum sample rate that DASYLab can read the device.

If you have installed the Omega software for the OMB-DAQ and OM-USB devices, then select the DASYLab driver for Omega OMB/OM devices. Other than the name, the features are the same.

Have you contacted Omega Engineering for assistance? They are generally very helpful.  

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,108 Views)