From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor a Machine Pulse

Hello,

I have what is probably a stupid question, but I have been trying to figure this out with no solution.

What I have is a piece of equipment that provides a pulse every second to show that it is running, I am bringing the pulse into Dasylab and can see it pulsing using a "Status Display". 

My question is,  what is a easy way of monitoring the pulse so if it stops for more that a couple of seconds  I can display an error message and shut off other pieces of equipment.

I am using Dasylab ver10 Pro 

Thank You  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,663 Views)

If this is a continuos pulse, you can use the pulse analysis module and measure the frequency of the pulse.  After that you can trigger the output if it is outside a certain window of frequency.

The trigger will go into and action that will send the messaage

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,658 Views)

Or you can use a Sample trigger... if it stays TTL low for too many samples, trigger an error... note that it only outputs a pulse.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 4
(5,656 Views)

OK,  Thanks will give it a try

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,652 Views)