DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Dasylab interpret time with the IEEE32 File format?

My customer wants to be able to read data files generated by a C# program in Dasylab, and I thought that IEEE32 would be the right choice of file format for this data.  However, I do not know how Dasylab determines sample rate information when it saves or reads IEEE32 files.  Is this specified as "sampling interval" when using the read module?  How does DASYlab know what rate to apply to an IEEE32 file that it has written?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,167 Views)

So, the Help says this:

Use this dialog box to specify the writing of data in the IEEE-32-Bit float format. In the IEEE32 file format DASYLab does not save file information and channel information or the separator between the measurement data. You only can save data that DASYLab writes with the same sampling rate in this file format.

DASYLab can read in this file format with the Read Data module if DASYLab recorded only one channel.

You cannot save FFT data and histogram data, or data from a Relay module in the IEEE32 format. If you then save several data channels in an IEEE file, all data channels must have the same block size and sampling rate.

If DASYLab saves several data channels, DASYLab orders the values incoming into the file in the same order as the data channels. The first measurement values of all data channels come first in ascending order, then the second measurement values follow, then the third and so on.

I would suggest that you look at the NI TDM format instead, if you need to know more about the data than just the values. This format will become more important in future releases of the DASYLab software.  

Please see this white paper for more information. http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3727/en/

They say that they have free tools - NI offers the TDM C DLL as a free download. It contains the necessary functions for reading and writing TDMS files from any application development environment that is flexible enough to enable DLL communication.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 2
(4,163 Views)