DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix a mismatched time input channels error

The sampling rate for the worksheet was increased from 10 hz to 1khz. A switch is giving a mismatched input channels error and saying that the block length or time information is not valid. How can I fix this so that I can use a sampling rate of 10 khz?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,120 Views)

Hello zackzack,

I think your problem is becuase your block length can´t hold your sampling rate, As i have read, the more recomendable is that the sampling rate is between 1 to 10 times bigger than the block length... for your example (10kHz) you need to change the block length between 1K to 10K... for to change the block length, you need to go...

menu bar-->Measurement-->time bases-->all options (I dont know if these words are the same in Dasylab in english becuase I have it in german and I am only translating)

And there, you can change your block length. I hope it helps you.

Best Regards,
Arter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,115 Views)

Open the Switch properties and click on the Options button. Change the time base setting from Driver to match the one that you are using.

Or, change the Switch to "use input", and then branch a wire of the other signal to the input of the Switch. That will force the synchronization.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,103 Views)

I tried those solutions again, and here is how I impleneted them;

1. The block rate was changed from 50 to 1000. I started the worksheet up and immediatly received the same error as before. I tried a variety of block lengths, without any succcess in changing the error message.

2. The switch in question does not have an option for changing the time base, so it could not be synched with the time base or with the other time drivers.

After experimenting with other hz, the error started to occur in other modules besides the first switch. Other relays and switches were having problems with their inputs. Is there someplace I can learn more about time synching in dasylab?

Thank you for the advice thus far.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,095 Views)

What version are you using?

Can you post your worksheet?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,091 Views)

Upade: Found a workaround that doesn't need sampling rate changes.  
Thanks for your advice though!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,055 Views)

I am having the same problem in a worksheet I am using.I have a 5V signal and am trying to compare it with a 5 V signal from a generator in the signal switch modulus. Would you mind posting your work around?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,236 Views)

Can you post your worksheet or a picture of your worksheet?

Usually you can solve the problem at the source of the data, by matching up time bases or using "With input" in the Switch, Slider modules. 

Sometimes you can use the Signal Adaptation module to force slower channels up to the pace of a faster channel.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,232 Views)

I had previosly tried your suggestions (matching the time bases, using the "with input" in the switch, and a signal adaptation. Below is a screen shot of the worksheet. I think the problem is with the frequency of the generator.  Do you know a good work around to generate 5V?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,230 Views)

"Good workaround to generate a 5V constant signal"

Use the Read Global Variable Module, and configure a variable for a value of 5.

The Read Variable module offers the "With Input" timing option, which would probably address the issue with the Signal Switch module. All of its inputs need to "march in time", with the same sample rate, block size and timestamp for each channel. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,227 Views)