DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a flow totalizer using a flow transmitter?

How do I create a flow totalizer for a flow transmitter that sends a 4-20mA or 0-5v signal? Currently the transmitter has a local display that reads in gal/min. I need to generate an alarm if the daily total goes over 210 gallons, and also archive 90 totals.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,315 Views)
Using DASYLab:

1 - connect the transmitter to your analog input device

2- read the voltage or current from the device

3 - scale the voltage or current to gal/min

4 - based on your sample rate, determine the scaling factor to compute the number of gallons per delta-t - scale the data again so that each datapoint reflects the volume of flow in the delta-t.

5 - use an arithmetic-one channel-summation function to compute the total flow

6 - for daily flow, reset the summation at midnight (Action module)

7 - use a trigger module to monitor the summation. When the total exceeds your setpoint, generate the alarm (audible, email, visual)

8 - set up the file save function to create a file each day, and to append to a total file at t
he end of each day, before the reset.

All of this requires DASYLab Full feature set.
Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 4
(9,315 Views)

Sir,

I am reading the analog values through Shared Variable and calculate the flow rate reading to m3.

Atif

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,843 Views)

If this is a new question, please post it again as a new topic, with information about the version of DASYLab, your operating system, and your DAQ device. Information about the sensor is valuable, too.

Then, clearly state your question. 

Thank you.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,825 Views)