DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopefully simple question from DASYLab newbie

We are using DASYLab V6 (I know, ancient). The person who was doing the DASYLab programming left the company and I have inherited this. I have been programming for many years in C++ and VB, but haven't done anything with DASYLab before.

We were using National Instruments DAQ cards (PCI-MIO-16E-4 and PCI-MIO-16XE-10) until they were no longer available. I switched to the NI PCI-6036E card and the DASYLab worksheets and apps didn't seem to care. All I had to do is add the appropriate board section to the NI-DEV.INI file. Now the PCI-6036E board is also not available so I looked for an alternative. I found the PCI-6013 board from NI which seems to fit the bill. We have another app here (written in VB with Measurement Studio components) which seems fine with the 6013 board.

The DASYLab app has a strange message that I haven't been able to eliminate. As soon as a worksheet accesses the card, a message box pops up that says "NI-DAQ hardware configuration has changed. The worksheet may not run properly." As soon as you click OK, the worksheet runs anyway and things appear normal.

Can someome tell me what is triggering this message and how to prevent it? I have users in multiple locations and don't want to keep fielding calls that the app is broken. What configuration is it talking about? I've added a board section to the NI-DEV.INI file. Is there another one that I'm not aware of?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,652 Views)

Yep. Ancient. 

Did you have to update the NI drivers to support the new hardware? If so, you may have updated beyond what that old driver could handle. That may be the error message.

I believe that you're using what was called the "MIO" driver. DASYLab 6 had a newer driver than the one that you're using... the old MIO driver required you to edit the INI file and was superceded with the NI-DAQ "NDDI" driver. (Note that the NDDI driver is now obsolete as well, and the NI-DAQmx driver is the current driver).

We only minimally supported the MIO driver, because it was developed by a 3rd party, and required you to hand edit the configuration file to add new board support. Once DASYLab was acquired by NI, we had the tools and resources to create a fully supported set of drivers. 

The NDDI driver should have installed when you installed DASYLab 6. You should see it as a separate menu item. It has its own modules, and does not use the "Driver" modules. 

If you can't find it, it's downloadable from www.dasylab.com 

http://www.dasylab.com/content/driver.php?action=filelist&sid=33

Regardless, we strongly urge you to consider updating the software to the current release. You will need XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8. 

You are going to have to update and edit to support the newer hardware, and it makes sense to do it once.

Contact me with a private message if you need some help getting this to work. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 2
(5,623 Views)