DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used DASYLab with either the NI cDAQ-9138 or cDAQ-9139?

I am thinking of purchasing either the cDAQ-9138 or cDAQ-9139.  We have had good success with DASYLab on prior systems and would like to continue to use DASYLab but would like to use it in conjunction with NI C-Series modules on a Standalone cDAQ platform.  I would like to hear if anyone else has any experience with DASYLab on the cDAQ 9138 or 9139 and are there any issues with interfacing with the C-Series Plug-in Modules?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,129 Views)

You can post this question in the DASYLAB Online Technical Support   

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,103 Views)

Sorry for the delay... we might have taken some time off for the holidays.

Happy New Year!

Looking at the spec for the cDAQ-9138 and cDAQ-9139 - DASYLab will require the Windows Embedded system. I do not have any personal experience with either unit.

We have not specifically tested DASYLab with Windows 7 Embedded, but have had good success with Windows XP embedded. DASYLab will not run in the RT system - you need to stick to LabVIEW for that. 

You might feel a bit tight with just 2GB of RAM - but Windows Embedded may not need as much memory as standard Windows. Simply disable unneeded services and applications - run with the bare minimum needed to run the DAQ services and DASYLab application.

DASYLab does support NI-DAQmx devices.

It's possible that my colleagues in Germany will have some comments... we just have to wait for them to get back from the holiday.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,100 Views)

We have a teststand with a PXI-1042 (Pentium III (!!), 800Mhz, 128 MB, WinXPemb) that "runs" DASYLab 9 since years.

It's ok, if you define "running" as "not completely stagnant". 😉

Slow CPU + harddisk is very, very slow + not enough RAM = no fun, but works.

cDAQ-9138: dual-core Celeron >1000 Mhz, 2 GiB RAM

cDAQ-9139: dual-core i7 >1000 Mhz, 2 GiB RAM

==> Much better.

Win7 + 2 GiB RAM: Stop unnecessary applications during your DASYLab experiments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,041 Views)

Hi,

today I successfully installed DASYLAB 11.0 on a cDAQ 9134 controller (standalone), additionally I intalled the NI-DAQmx device driver 14.2 and the intermediate device driver MCC.

This MCC device driver creates finally a communication between the NI-DAQmx device driver and the DASYLAB Application. I was meassuring an accelormeter, therefore I was using the C Series Module NI 9234.

Basically as soon as you can create a task in Measurement and Automation Explorer you are able to acquire or generate signals in DASYLAB.

Best regards,

rupido

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,093 Views)