DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO ENTER A VARIABLE VALUE FROM KEYBOARD IN THE MIDDLE OF EXPT?

In the middle of experiment, if I want to enter a variable with a number, say 345
I tried ACTION- Variable enter 
It does not work
I am using DASYLab 9.0

In general apart from possible use of slider module for this purpose, is it possible by any method to enter a numerical value during the running of the experiment?

Message Edited by HEAD on 06-06-2008 04:21 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,889 Views)
Action - Variable Enter should work. Are you using just a number in the parameter field? Don't use the ${Var_xx} placeholder... just use xx

Optionally, if you are using Layout Windows, use the Table (Grid) object, and configure the cell to be Editable/Variable, and enter the placeholder for the Global variable into the cell entry field -- use the ${Var_xx} form here.

Once that is configured, the user just types in the cell, presses the Enter key, and the Global Variable is updated immediately.
Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,880 Views)

Many THANKS to Mr. C.J

The solution was right on target. Yes, I had made a mistake. I had used ${Var_xx} from the variables list. This did not work. I have now used " xx" , as suggested by Mr. C.J. It works.. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,863 Views)
On Jun 6, 12:40 pm, HEAD <x...@no.email> wrote:
> In the middle of experiment, if I want to enter a variable with a number, say 345
> I tried ACTION- Variable enter&nbsp;
> It does not work
> I am using DASYLab 9.0
> &nbsp;
> In general apart from possible use of slider module for this purpose, is it possible by any method to enter a numerical value during the running of the experiment?Message Edited by HEAD on 06-06-2008  04:21 AM

Hi

I ran into the same problem, can you please send me the full asnswer
you got (could not found it)

Thanks

Hugo.tour@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,692 Views)

Hello,

It looks the general response is to use “xx” instead of “${Var_xx}” in the placeholder field and you can use “${Var_xx}” if using the Layout Windows.  There is a topic titled Creating Layouts with the VI Tool in the DASYLab Help for more information about the Layout Window.

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,663 Views)